- Hamamelis Virginiana
- An extremely mild, colorless liquid with slightly aromatic properties. Sourced organically.
- Witch Hazel is an extract from the low-growing Witch Hazel tree native to North America. The leaves, roots, and bark of the tree are steamed and then double distilled into liquid form. The double distillation process produces a product richer in Witch Hazel (86%, in fact) for a more soothing and gentle application. Commercial-grade Witch Hazel, like the type sold at drug stores, typically has a much higher alcohol content and does not necessarily contain the beneficial polyphenols that make this ingredient so great.
- For centuries Witch Hazel , also known as winterbloom or snap hazel, served a medicinal purpose in Native American cultures and was used topically to treat minor wounds and abrasions, ease swelling, and heal other skin conditions. Its inherent astringent, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties make it a versatile and very popular skincare ingredient. This ingredient is intended for external use only.
- All components of the Witch Hazel tree, including twigs, bark, and leaves, contain polyphenols, like tannins, which are responsible for the ingredient's antioxidant and astringent properties.
SKIN CARE BENEFITS AND USES
- Locks moisture into skin to help reduce water loss and help skin maintain softness and elasticity.
- Soothes conditions such as diaper rash, razor burn, and bug bites.
- Tannins help to tighten skin proteins and forms a protective covering over skin to promote healing. This is particularly helpful for soothing hemorrhoids or treating eczema and psoriasis.
- Penetrates deep into pores and prevents bacteria from forming, absorbs oil, and reduces pore size.
FIND IT IN OUR