INCI NAME: Persea Gratissima
EWG SCORE: 0
- A thick green oil with a characteristic odor and taste.
- Avocado oil is extracted from the avocado fruit through a cold-pressed process, which yields higher quality oil full of vitamins and minerals.
- Avocado plants originated in South America and it is said that Aztec cultures discovered the avocado’s high oil content (it’s 30% oil) and used the “vegetable butter” as a cosmetic. Today, avocados are grown worldwide in frost-free subtropical regions, primarily in New Zealand, Australia, Africa, and United States. In 2000, a company in New Zealand pioneered a process for extracting avocado oil through a cold pressed process, similar to olive oil. The result is an unrefined oil that has retained much of the flavor of the fruit and is plentiful in beneficial vitamins and minerals.
- Omega- 3 fatty acids
- Vitamins A, D & E
- Carotenoids, which have long attracted attention for their potential anti-carcinogenic effect
- Phytosterols, an antixoxidant that fights free radicals
SKIN CARE BENEFITS
- Soothes rough patches
- Particularly helpful for those with sensitive skin care issues, like eczema and psoriasis
- Antioxidant properties help repair damaged skin cells and fight the signs of aging
- Contains sterolins (natural steroids), which can help boost collagen production and treat age spots
- Vitamin E can reduce itching and inflammation
FIND IT IN