INCI NAME: Cera Alba
- 0, Low Hazard
- Within a beehive, young female worker bees create a wax that is molded into six-sided honeycomb cells, which become storage units for honeybee larva, collected pollen, and honey. Once a cell has been filled with honey, it will be capped off with more beeswax. When beekeepers extract the honey from the combs, the wax caps are removed from each honey comb cell and melted down to create a yellow wax. Often times the wax is further purified by heating it in water. Note: When seeking out beeswax or honey, look for organically sourced varieties. When bees collect pollen, they will also collect whatever pesticide is on the flower. Often times sourcing from overseas is the best solution as those countries have much stricter pesticide laws, which increases the end product's likelihood of being toxin-free. The influence of pesticides is just one theory behind the shrinking honey bee population. Click here to learn more about the importance of honey bees.
- Beeswax is a yellow to brownish hard wax that has a sweet scent with honey and floral notes. The varying color of the wax is determined by the color intensity of the flowers gathered by the bees.
- Beeswax might be one of the oldest ingredients to date, having several documented uses dating back to the first century. In Roman culture it was used to create candles, in Medieval Europe it was used as a form of currency, and in Egypt it was used for embalming processes. Today beeswax continues to hold an importance in our society, being used to make candles, skin care, crayons, and has even been used by NASA to aid in the clean up of oil spills.
- Beeswax contains some Vitamin A
- Skin care emollient and humectant
- Anti-inflammatory and antibacterial
SKIN CARE BENEFITS
- Hydrates skin by drawing moisture to the skin and sealing it in, making it perfect for lip conditioning products
- Creates protective barrier on skin to combat harsh environmental factors
- Keeps skin soft and smooth
- Great for sensitive skin as it is not known to irritate skin
- Aids in the production of healthy cell development
FIND IT IN OUR
- B Glossy Lip Gloss
- Lip Yummies
- Lip Skinnies
- Solid Perfume
- B Pinched
- B Smudged
- B Soothed
- Healing Hand Butter
- Natural Buff Cuticle Bar