INCI Name: Sclerocarya Birrea (Marula) Seed Oil
EWG SCORE: 1
A smooth, lightweight oil that is a translucent pale to gold color with a nutty-sweet aroma.
Marula Oil comes from the nut of the fruit of the Marula tree, which is indigenous to South Africa. The fruit is hand harvested and the oil is extracted through a cold-pressed process.
A wildcrafted oil from South Africa, Marula Oil has long been used as both a medicinal remedy and a skin care staple, giving it the nickname, “Africa’s beauty secret.” The lightweight oil does double duty to protect against the dry African heat: it penetrates deep into skin to add long-lasting moisture, and creates a barrier to protect skin from harsh environmental elements. Today Marula Oil continues to be revered ingredient. It is a great source of antioxidants, oleic acid, and essential fatty acids giving it anti-aging properties that leave skin soft, supple, and looking its best.
- Fast absorbing and won’t clog pores
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin
- Is a great source of oleic acid, making it particularly beneficial for dry, aging skin
- Contains powerful antioxidants to repair cells and reduce signs of aging
- Contains essential fatty acids necessary to keep skin elastic
- Boosts cellular activity to promote regenerate new skin growth, aids in the healing of stretch marks, and stimulates collagen production
- Essential Fatty Acids
- Oleic Acid
FIND IT IN