INCI NAME: Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
EWG SCORE: 1
Aloe Vera is a pale, translucent gel that has a slight odor.
Aloe Vera is a succulent perennial that originated in Africa and thrives in dry, dessert climates. When cut, the leaves of the aloe plant secrete a clear gel that can be directly applied topically to soothe skin and heal wounds. To extract aloe vera gel on a much larger scale, a cold pressed process is used.
Dating back to the earliest Egyptian cultures, Aloe Vera was known as the “plant of immortality” and used to keep skin looking its best. Today it is used around the world and often referred to as the “first aid” plant because of its ability to heal cuts and soothe sunburns. It also helps to supply oxygen to skin cells, which strengthens, rejuvenates, hydrates, and improves elasticity to minimize the signs of aging.
- Good source of antioxidants, including beta carotene, vitamin C and E
- Contains Auxin and Gibberellins, two hormones that promote new cell growth and have anti-inflammatory properties
- Packed full of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and salicylic acid
- Contains 19 of the 20 amino acids required by the body for optimal health
SKIN CARE BENEFITS AND USES:
- Acts as a protective layer to the skin and helps replenish its moisture
- Heals wounds and minimizes scarring
- Cooling and soothing making it a great treatment to sunburn
- Helps minimize the signs of aging.
FIND IT IN: