INCI NAME: Ubiquinone
EWG SCORE: 0, Low Hazard
Light Yellow to Golden Opaque
Coenzyme 10 or CoQ10 is a naturally occurring enzyme within the body, responsible for cell production, cell protection, and generating nearly 95% of the body’s energy. However, levels of CoQ10 naturally decrease as we age or as a result of stress. It’s been said that in most people over 30, levels of CoQ10 in the skin are below optimum. This reduces your skin’s ability to produce collagen and elastin and makes it more susceptible to free radical damage.
Along with skin health, CoQ10 is also used to treat high blood pressure, heart disease, high cholesterol, breast cancer, and gum disease.
- Responsible for cell protection
- Generates nearly 95% of the body's energy
- Boasts antioxidant properties, which help to neutralize free radicals
- Able to penetrate into the skin for efficient delivery into the tissue
SKIN CARE BENEFITS AND USES
- Promotes skin repair and regeneration
- Reduces the signs of aging by neutralizing free radicals
FIND IT IN