Moving to a new house or apartment can be stressful. And we all know that stress can take a toll on the health and appearance of your skin.
With the exception of packing your orders, we’re not experts in packing. Or even moving. But we can offer some organic skin care tips to help you maintain your skin’s natural health and beauty during the chaos of a move.
When your daily routine gets disrupted, your skin typically takes the hit. You might not have your usual organic skin care products at the ready or you’re too on-the-go to prioritize the time in front of the mirror. Your water intake typically tanks and your meals become less thoughtful. This can give your face a ruddy complexion and alter its texture.
The next time you embark on a stressful move, keep these tips in mind.
How to Proactively Maintain Healthy Skin During a Move
1. Don’t pack your skin care products. We know your intentions are good in the moment. In the moment you’ll tell yourself, “I’ll remember exactly what box I put these in” and “I’ll definitely unpack these boxes as soon as I get there.” But, what we know from our experience, you’ll probably forget which box, be too tired too unpack, and end up falling asleep before you wash your face. Instead, fill your make up case with your skin care necessities and a towel. Carry them with you as if you were taking a trip.
2. Speaking of washing your face, don’t forget to wash your face. After a full day of moving the first thing you should do is wash your face to remove any sweat or grime. Remember that towel you packed with your “travel” products? It will come in handy this very instance. No need to go hunting for one. You came prepared!
3. Stock up on gentle hand soap and hand towels before you move. On moving day, add the soap and towel to the main sinks in both he new and old house. You’re bound to want to wash your hands often as moving can be a messy process. But too much hand washing can be irritating to skin, so use a gentle soap made with organic ingredients to clean and pamper hands.
4. Put on sunscreen. You’ll be in and out of houses, directing helpers, and taking unexpected breaks. All of which could have you outside in the direct sun. Avoid adding a sunburn to your already chaotic days.
5. Stay hydrated. Make sure you don’t pack your water bottle so you can prioritize your water intake as you work. If you can, choose the largest, brightest bottle you own. As you move from here to there you’re bound to forget where you set it down. Make it easily identifiable! It might sound silly, but consider putting a location tracking device on it. Reducing your stress as much as possible is key!
No matter how much you prepare, you still might fall off your routine. And that is okay! There are ways to repair your skin and return it to its typical vibrant glow.
How to Repair Your Skin After Being Off Your Routine
1. Treat your skin to a face mask. Our B Green Mud Mask allows you to customize a mask for your particular needs. To the dry blend, which works to absorb excess oil and remove toxins, add kitchen ingredients - like honey, yogurt, and olive oil - to tackle your skin’s most urgent needs.
2. Add a serum to your routine. By design, serums have a high concentration of active ingredients, while being lightweight to quickly absorb into skin. This means they effectively deliver their particular benefits deep within your skin’s layers. Learn more about serums here and consider adding our Nighttime Antioxidant Serum to your nighttime routine. Because antioxidants are a key player in repairing skin cells.
3. Be thoughtful about your diet and incorporate antioxidant-rich and hydrating foods. And drink more water! During this time of repair, limit any dehydrating foods and drinks - like foods high in salt or alcohol - and sugar.
4. Stay consistent. It make take some time for your skin to return to its typically look, but stick with your routine. Avoid the temptation to blame your lack luster skin on your products and buy new ones. Your skin will bounce back after a few days of thoughtfulness and consistency.
Moving is no small feat, so we applaud your efforts and hope that your new space is a happy one. And that there is plenty of counter space in your new bathroom!