We often say it’s a good thing that our feet are hidden away in socks and shoes during the winter. The dry and cracked skin that we inevitably endure can be tough on the eyes. But armed with the right arsenal of products and some DIY know how, you can keep your feet feeling and looking great as you jump into Summer!
"Winter feet" at times are unavoidable but ashy, flaky feet can be transformed. Our solution: an at-home spa day. Here is how you can transform your bathroom into a tired foot's dream:
- First, exfoliate skin with Sally B’s Skin Yummies’ Moisturizing Body Buff. On dry skin, massage a quarter-size amount of Body Buff on to each foot. The natural abrasiveness of organic sugar inside will slough off dead skin cells, while the organic shea butter and jojoba oil will add moisture to the skin. And you're not just pampering your feet! Your hands will benefit from massaging the Body Buff onto feet!
- Rinse off Body Buff and soak feet in warm water for about 10 minutes. When you’re finished you can do additional exfoliation with a pumice stone if necessary.
- Have rough or dry spots? Rub our Tamanu Neem Healing Bar generously over the problem areas. The two named ingredients – Tamanu Oil and Neem Oil – will help moisturize, promote the regeneration of new skin cells, and soothe dry, itchy skin.
- Add moisture. Our Healing Hand Butter is not just for hands! This product is an excellent source of moisture and can help replenish moisture to hard-working feet just as well as it can hands. Generously apply Healing Hand Butter to both feet and then put on a pair of cotton socks to lock in the moisture (and ensure you don’t slip slide around the bathroom floor). For best results moisturize before bed and leave socks on overnight.
- Moisturize regularly. Using lotion after a bath or shower is always great, but employing the Healing Hand Butter and sock combo a couple nights a week will give you super soft results.
This DIY foot spa is also a good idea during seasonal transitions. Summer can leave feet tired and worn, just like Winter can, so it's always a great idea to pamper feet and start the season with fresh, happy skin!