INCI NAME: Nigella sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil
EWG SCORE: 0
A dark amber colored oil that has a pungent, nutty smell.
Black Cumin Seed Oil is derived through a cold-pressed process with the from seeds of the Nigella Sativa, an annual flowering plant from the buttercup family.
Since the beginning of Middle Eastern civilization, Black Cumin Seed Oil has been a coveted beauty and health staple. Known by various monikers – “remedy for all diseases except death” or “the seed of blessing” – it’s been said that the prophet Muhammad endorsed its benefits, Cleopatra didn’t go a day without applying it, and King Tut has a bottle of it in his tomb for the afterlife. As time went on, Black Cumin Seed Oil has been an essential ingredient in the practice of Chinese Traditional Medicine, as well as being highly regarded by the scientific and medical communities. Studies show that its benefits include: reducing tumor size, promoting the production of healthy bone marrow, stimulating the immune system, and ease digestive issues, among others.
- Contains high levels of thymoquinone, a phytochemical compound that studies show to have anti-inflammatory properties, anti-epileptic effects, and anti-cancer effects.
- Packed full of essential amino fatty acids, including Oleic, Stearic, and Linoleic Acids.
- Vitamins B1, B2, and B3
- Superb source of antioxidants to help fight free-radicals
SKIN CARE BENEFITS:
- Remarkable healing qualities
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties, which can help in reliving symptoms of psoriasis and eczema.
- Helps to retain moisture to keep the skin from drying out, which can often times lead wrinkles and other signs of aging
- Plays a significant role in hair growth stimulation by strengthening the hair follicles which result in strong hair roots.
Find It In: