WHAT’S IN OUR PRODUCTS
Since starting our woman-owned, small business in 2005, we continue to discover new ingredients and techniques that make our products safe and effective for your body’s largest organ – your skin!
Unlike many other skincare and makeup companies, small and large, we are fully transparent about what’s in our cruelty-free, non-toxic products so you can make wise choices to invest in yourself and your skin using Sally B’s carefully-formulated products. Some brands use “Fragrance” as a catch-all that doesn’t truly describe what various ingredients it may represent, which are seldom good for people with acne, sensitive skin, allergies and chemical sensitivities.
Each one of our products, made in the US, starts off as deeply-tested formulas, then are handmade by a small team. Progress made in small-batch manufacturing and equipment allows us to continue relying on a dedicated staff in our kitchen/lab/showroom combo in Atlanta, Georgia.
Keep reading to learn:
- Where our ingredients come from & why
- Highlight of ingredients we use, and
- Where to learn more.
Where do our ingredients come from & why?
We strive to use organic product ingredients (noted by *) whenever possible, sustainably sourced from all over the world:
- *Tamanu Oil, *Kokum Butter, and *Argan Oil come from plants not native to the US – from Polynesia, India and Morocco.
- Modern technology supports international trade and gives us convenient access to such beneficial ingredients.
Give us a highlight of ingredients Sally’s uses:
- Simmondsia Chinensis, Butyrospermum Parkii, and Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride. They aren’t chemicals at all. They are simply *Jojoba Oil, *Shea Butter, and *Fractionated Coconut Oil, three very common, safe and wonderful ingredients.
- Their official names are determined by INCI (International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients) and required to be on all personal care product labels in the US and other countries. We support that but the names can be confusing.
- Natural botanicals and earthy additions:
- *Aloe vera, the centuries’ old healing plant.
- Our new natural preservative JakabixNP brought to us by our scientist team member, Alison O’Neil that is made of:
- Jacaranda mimosifolia flower extract - South American Violet Tree
- Kalanchoe pinnata leaf extract - The Wonder Plant or Sacred Leaves from India & Madagascar
- Bixa orellana leaf extract
- *Lavender and other herbals
- French green clay
- Real essential oils – don’t be fooled by skincare and candles with that on their labels – they are often infused with chemicals in the distilling process whereas our products are all steam-distilled, with no need for any chemicals.
Where can I learn more?
To learn more, visit our Ingredients page, to help decode what products are best for your individual skin type!
Stay tuned in the future for our list of ingredients we never use that are unfortunately common to big brand beauty products and many imports.
Muchas gracias. ?Como puedo iniciar sesion?
I’m hooked! I had the opportunity to meet Sally and visit her laboratory while attending school to become an Esthetician. She gave us a few samples and I’ve been a fan for the last 4 years! I’ve tried many other professional products in my Spa, but I always go back to these “Yummies”! #thedashspa
Leave a comment