Make Your Own Tub Tea
Create a spa-like experience in your own home with our DIY Tub Tea recipes. This blend of organic botanicals and other soothing ingredients is one of our favorite ways to truly create a relaxing bath. The skin care benefits are an added bonus! These tub teas are a cinch to assemble. Give them as a gift or keep a stash in your bathroom for you or your guests.
Skin Care Benefits of our DIY Tub Teas
The blend of ingredients is designed to sooth muscles, detox the body, and reduce inflammation.
- Epsom Salt: soothes muscles
- Sea Salt: remove toxins
- Oatmeal Flour: calm skin
- Lavender: pleasant aroma has a calming, soothing and sedative effect on the mind and body.
- Chamomile: soothing and anti-inflammatory properties
- Calendula: promotes healing, eases menstrual cramp pain, brightens skin
- Rose petals: fragrance and moisturizing properties
How to Make DIY Tub Teas
Tub teas are built upon a base of salt and oatmeal. We chose to use rose, calendula, lavender, and chamomile (as pictured above) as our botanical add-ins. However you can get creative with the botanical ingredients you choose. You can even add a drop or two of essential oils to the mix if you desire a more fragrant tea.
Just ensure that you use organic ingredients whenever possible so that no chemical, pesticide residue comes between you and your soothing, good-for-you bath experience.
- 6 Tbls Epsom salt
- 6 Tbls Sea salt
- 3 Tbls Organic Oatmeal Flour If you don't have Oatmeal Flour, add whole oats to a food processor and grind into a powder.
- 2 Tbls Organic Lavender Flowers
- 1 Tbls Organic Chamomile Flowers, which have soothing and anti-inflammatory properties
- 1 Tbls Organic Calendula Flowers
- 2 Tbls Rose Petals
- Jumbo Tea Bag Filters
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture evenly among tea bags - about 5 tablespoons in each. Close tea bag per packaging instructions to ensure the ingredients don't escape into your bathwater.
- Store in an airtight container until bath time.
Directions for Use
Add one tea bag to hot bath. The salts and oats will dissolve into bathwater, while the botanicals will remain to add aromatic effects to tub.
Leave a comment