5 Reasons To Love Black Cumin Seed Oil , 3 Comments
With winter around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about how you will tweak your skin care routine to accommodate the drier air. One simple solution is adding a serum to your mix of products. Typically a serum is lightweight and fast absorbing and adds a big punch of moisture to the skin. At Sally B’s, however, our products always work double duty and our Antioxidant Serums are no exception. They add moisture and a whole lot more thanks to its hero ingredient, Organic Black Cumin Seed Oil (aka Black Seed Oil).
A powerhouse ingredient, Black Cumin Seed Oil has built quite a reputation for itself. Since the beginning of Middle Eastern civilization, the oil derived from the seed of the Nigella Sativa flower, has been a coveted beauty and health staple. Cleopatra was said to have never gone a day without applying it, and others explain it to be a “remedy for all disease except for death.” While studies show that its benefits include reducing tumor size, promoting the production of healthy bone marrow, stimulating the immune system, and easing digestive issues, we love it for its skin beautifying benefits, too.
5 skin care benefits of Black Cumin Seed Oil
- It is extremely moisturizing. Black Cumin Seed Oil is an excellent source of Vitamin B, which helps to retain moisture in the skin.
- It helps to fight acne. Skin that over produces oil is more susceptible to acne breakouts since excess oil collects in pores. The essential fatty acids in Black Cumin Seed Oil help to flush out this oil. They do this by creating healthy skin cells that work to dissolve fat deposits in pores.
- It minimizes the signs of aging. With its moisture-retaining qualities and antioxidant properties, Black Cumin Seed Oil keeps skin elastic and fights damaging free radicals that cause wrinkles and fine lines.
- It tames redness and soothes irritation. Black Cumin Seed Oil has excellent anti-inflammatory properties. This is especially helpful for those experiencing irritation from psoriasis or eczema as Black Cumin Seed Oil reduces inflammation and boosts healthy immune function. It also is a strong astringent that can fight topical infections.
- It fades dark spots. Together, the Vitamin A, amino acids, and fatty acids found in Black Cumin Seed Oil work together to regenerate skin cells. Overtime, Black Cumin Seed Oil will fade age spots and even some scars.
While Black Cumin Seed Oil makes our serums so special, it also shines in another one of our products. The oil’s ability to fade dark spots and calm inflammation makes it an essential ingredient in our Intensive Eye Repair, too.
It might be surprising to some that we recommend using an oil to fight acne and repair skin, but oils can be skin-benefiting powerhouses. Don't believe us? Just try our Antioxidant Serums.
To learn more about Black Cumin Seed Oil, click here.