Make Your Own Tub Tea , 0 Comments
Create a spa-like experience in your own home with Tub Teas, a blend of organic botanicals and other soothing ingredients which steep into your bathwater for ultimate relaxation. They are a cinch to assemble, making them great to give as a gift, stash in the guest bathroom, or keep for yourself.
TUB TEAS (makes 4)
- 6 Tablespoons Epsom salt to soothe muscles
- 6 Tablespoons Sea salt to help remove toxins and detox the body
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Oatmeal Flour to calm skin. If you don't have Oatmeal Flour, add whole oats to a food processor and grind into a powder
- 2 Tablespoon Organic Lavender Flowers, whose pleasant aroma has a calming, soothing and sedative effect on the body and mind
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Chamomile Flowers, which have soothing and anti-inflammatory properties
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Calendula Flowers, which promote healing, eases menstrual cramp pain, and brightens skin
- 2 Tablespoon Rose Petals for fragrance and for their anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties.
- Jumbo Tea Bag Filters
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Divide mixture evenly among bags - about 5 tablespoons in each. Staple bag closed.
- Add one tea bag to hot bath. The salts and oats will dissolve into bathwater, while the botanicals will remain to add aromatic effects to tub.
While we chose rose, calendula, lavender, and chamomile (as pictured above), you can mix a variety of botanical ingredients in with your salt/oat base. You can even add a drop or two of essential oils to the mix if you desire a more fragrant tea. Just ensure that you use organic ingredients whenever possible so that no chemical, pesticide residue comes between you and your soothing, good-for-you bath experience.